Checking your website position (SERPs) manually is not only boring and time-consuming process but also can be deceiving.
When you check your position in Google there are few things that influence it:
– Where are you located? Google (and probably other SE too) look at your IP and based on it shows you results related to your location. What that’s mean is that even if your website is targeting United States visitors, if you are located in India or Russia, Google may still show you results related to your location.
– If you are signed it with G account, all kinds of things get on your way to determine correct rankings. Those are factors like Google Plus, your previous search experience etc
– SERPs will differ if you use Google.com comparing to let’s say Google.ru
Free tools that I use to check my websites’ rankings or SERPs (Search Engine Ranking Position)
1. Rank Checker Firefox Add-on from SEObook.com
It is very convenient tool that works with multiply websites and keywords.
Scroogle.org online scrapper allows to get unbiased search results (Update: this tool does not work anymore)
3. Traffic Travis is not only allow to chekc SERPs. It is also an awesome tool for keyword research. I’ve just discovered it thanks to Grand and it’s amazing how much info you can get out of this tool for free.
Free online tools to check rankings: