If you want to be on the first page of Google, read this!
Recent report about Google Plus Box Ranking Factors Report by Ian Lurie opens up some secrets about how profiles and pages are ranked in Google Plus Box.
What is Google Plus Box?
What matters (ranking factors)
– How often you post to Google Plus. Ideally not less than every 72 hours.
– How many +1 your posts have
– How many people have added you on G+ to their circles (this factor matters less than next one). 60% of the time the plus box shows people with highest circle membership.
– High reach matters much more than high circle membership. Profiles with high reach have influential people following them. If right people put you in their circles – it will help your profile to appear in Google Plus Box
– Keywords on About page – make sure you include your important keywords
What does not matter (things that does not impact ranking as much)
– How many replies your post in G+ is getting
– Keywords in posts
Here is another quick tips for Google Plus: Get a badge! Add a code to your website to link your Google+ with your site. This of course if you want people to know your are the author. Grab a badge here